By Rory Tingle, Home Affairs Correspondent For Mailonline
14:55 22 May 2023, updated 15:01 22 May 2023
- Bacari Ogarro is an 18-year-old from Hackney who goes by the name ‘Mizzy’
The Met was today facing questions over its failure to stop a TikTok user behind a series of vile ‘pranks’ that have included stealing a woman’s dog, ripping up library books and jumping into strangers’ cars.
Bacari Ogarro, an 18-year-old from Hackney, north London, who goes by the name ‘Mizzy’, prompted disgust last week when he stormed into the home of a random family with a group of other young men.
In since-deleted footage, the group walk through a black gate, ignoring a woman in the front garden before letting themselves in. Mr Ogarro then walks into the hallway as young children are heard shouting ‘daddy’.
The social media personality has a long history of similar stunts. One clip shows him approaching an elderly woman in a park before picking up her dog and running away. He later returns the animal to the owner, who is visibly distressed.
Further videos show him harassing women on a train and in a park; walking into a library and destroying books; and riding an e-bike through Sainsbury’s while security guards try to stop him.
In another clip, he gets into the back of a man’s car while saying ‘it’s my Uber’ before becoming aggressive when he is asked to leave.
In one incident he shared, he approaches a woman in a shop while pretending to be her son, only for the brave stranger to confront him and demand he leaves.
Today, former policeman Mark Williams-Thomas questioned why Mr Ogarro had not been prosecuted.
He said: ‘There’s enough evidence now for the Met Police to arrest the vile & idiotic TiKTok/YouTuber ‘Mizzy'(Bacari Ogarro) for at least criminal damage & assault. He has documented all his crimes as well so that will help with a prosecution.’
Mr Ogarro’s TikTok account has been taken down.
His YouTube – which has nearly 39,000 subscribers – was still live this morning.
By just after midday it had been deactivated, with a message saying it had breached the platform’s terms of service.
In Mr Ogarro’s last video, posted yesterday, he boasted of how his videos had ‘blown up’ since the outrage at his ‘home invasion’ video.
And he crowed that criticism of his sick stunts was only helping him by generating more views and engagement.
‘You guys are on social media giving me what you want. You’re commenting on these videos, engaging… it’s making my ting blow up,’ he says.
A friend then appears and tells the camera: ‘All you’re doing is aiding our mission… it’s still reinforcing the narrative of the message we’re trying to say… it’s a movement, bro’.
Mr Ogarro has previously been arrested for harassing orthodox Jews in London, with one video showing him approaching a man at a bus stop before putting his hands over his victim’s shoulders and attempting a leapfrog.
In a second video he could be seen cycling while wearing a traditional hat and saying, ‘Guys I’m a f*****g Jew.’
MPs have joined calls for the Met to take urgent action to stop him.
Labour MP Alex Davies-Jones said: ‘This content is disturbing and upsetting.
‘Yet another example of how we desperately need the Online Safety Bill to hold the social media platforms to account.
‘YouTube & TikTok seem happy to allow this irresponsible content to proliferate on their platforms. It’s unacceptable.’
Susan Hall, the leader of the Tory group at the London Assembly, said: ‘No legitimate social media platform should be hosting this thug’s vile videos,’ she tweeted.
‘Please can you urgently update the public as to what is being done to locate and apprehend this criminal.’
On Sunday, the Met told the Express they were ‘aware of footage circulating on social media and are investigating the circumstances’.
‘Officers are conducting enquiries to establish the locations and those involved.
‘We are keen to speak to anyone with any information that could assist. Please contact police on 101 or via @MetCC and quote CAD4160/16May.’
MailOnline has contacted the Met.