NS California A couple woke up one morning and discovered that Tesla ignited while charging in the garage, causing $ 1 million in damage.
Yogi and Carolyn Vindum have been unable to return to their homes in San Ramon since the fire on December 30 blew flames into their offices upstairs, destroying two bedrooms and one bathroom.
“I was lucky to get out without injury,” Yogi said. Washington post.. “The garage door was actually blown out of the explosion.”
Yogi and Carolyn Vindum woke up on December 30 to discover that Tesla had ignited, in the process of inflicting $ 1 million worth of damage on their home in San Ramon, California.
Their two Tesla were destroyed, and their two bedrooms, office, and upstairs bathroom were also destroyed.
The Tesla Model S retails for $ 90,000. Vindums replaced theirs with Audi
According to inspection reports, the car’s thermal management system is one of two possible causes of fire, and the other is a failure of the car’s electrical system during charging.
The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism has been investigating Tesla’s battery management system since 2019.
Vindum received an alert that the 2013 Tesla Model S, parked next to another Tesla, finished charging at 5:25 am.
Twelve minutes later, he and his wife were awakened in the car horn.
“When I got out of bed to find out why it was on, I found that all the smoke detectors in the house were on,” he said.
According to Tesla, cars are 10 times less likely to catch fire than gasoline cars, but experts say that lithium-ion batteries can be even more severe in the event of a fire. there is.
“We went in front of the house, and at that point we could see flames coming from the garage to the roof of the house.”
Yogi Vindum is a retired founder of Vindum Engineering and, according to its website, manufactures “high pressure equipment for laboratory and pilot plant applications”.
Tesla quotes data from the National Fire Protection Association and the United States Federal Highway Authority, saying that private cars are 10 times less likely to ignite than gas-powered cars, but experts say battery-powered cars. Lithium-ion batteries can make a fire more intense in the following cases: They happen.
Model S is consistently ranked high in or near Consumer Reports’ annual Owner Satisfaction Survey.
The Model 3, on the other hand, is the only Tesla chosen as the top safety pick for 2021. Highway Safety Insurance Association, A non-profit organization established by an insurance company.
The Model S starts at $ 90,000 and the Model 3 starts at $ 40,000.
The post has recorded at least five fires involving the Tesla Model S, Elon Musk’s flagship sedan, an electric vehicle company.
On July 1, a Tesla Model S plaid trapped the driver after a “spontaneous combustion” in a residential area in Hubbarford, Pennsylvania. Reuters..
Firefighters had to lay a 5-inch supply line on-site to “extinguish the fire and cool the battery to ensure complete fire extinguishing.” The Verge..
In another episode, Tesla said he “sent the team to the scene immediately” after Model S ignited in Shanghai’s parking lot 2019.
The video of the incident was widely disseminated by the Chinese national media.
According to the car manufacturer, the fire is probably caused by “damaged the battery pack by the impact on the underside of the car.” Yicai Global..
Tesla isn’t the only electric vehicle that has expressed concern from regulators.
Last month, NHTSA urged Chevrolet Bolt owners to park their cars outside their homes from 2017 to 2019 due to the danger of fire.
“Vehicles that need to be parked outdoors are vehicles that can cause an unmanned fire with a high-voltage battery pack under the lower cushion in the backseat,” the government said.
Vindham says he waited a few weeks for Tesla to assess what’s wrong with his car.
“They never showed me as far as I know,” he said.
He replaced the burnt car with an Audi.
“Gasoline cars don’t ignite when sitting in the garage, and that’s the difference,” he told the post. “I don’t worry [my] A fire lit downstairs when Audi wasn’t running.
Sleeping couple wake to find house in flames after their Tesla caught fire while it was charging Source link Sleeping couple wake to find house in flames after their Tesla caught fire while it was charging