A means to end the hustle culture
Beware! Procrastination can heighten depression, stress, and panic attacks
A Japanese man makes a living by doing nothing; How loneliness is becoming a pandemic among the young and ways to beat it
Social media is also divided on quiet quitting as many feel it would end the hustle culture, where people work extra hours to fulfill their career aspirations.
How to tackle panic attacks: Learn how breath control and the HEPAS technique can help you overcome panic disorder, apart from CBT, meds
UK billionaire says WFH employees are ‘lazy gits’ who should be paid less. Twitter hits back
Burnout is real
Mental health experts have time and again harped on the need to address issues like burnout that happens because of chronic working and many people being workaholics.
Benefits of quiet quitting
According to various health experts, a few benefits the phenomenon can give are:
- Gives time to pursue hobbies:
Chambersalso said quiet quitting can be beneficial for the workers who can allow themselves more time in hand to pursue other interests that give them happiness and in turn improve productivity.
- Balances work and family life: Quiet quitting can help a worker look after their family as well as work together instead of ruining both the activities because of not getting enough time.
- Looks after mental health: When there is no excessive mental pressure, one’s psychological health is taken care of automatically.
Drawbacks of quiet quitting
Apart from a few benefits of quiet quitting, there are a few drawbacks as well, a few of them are listed below:
- You are out of the race: It is a widespread belief that once you do not put in extra hours and are visible in front of the bosses, you might just not get noticed when it comes to salary raises or promotions.
- Work may become boring: Quiet quitting can set in a feeling of underachievement, lack of motivation, and even lack of interest in your work.
Psychologists believe that while mental health is very important for the overall well-being of a person, work satisfaction and interest should also be a top priority. An individual has to know how to quiet quit successfully, taking both the pros and cons into consideration.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.