If you want to make your LinkedIn profile stand out, you should consider using the Cover Story feature in the mobile app.
The Cover Story feature on LinkedIn is the video equivalent of a cover letter. It enables professionals to introduce themselves, highlight their achievements, and share important information in a video format.
Unlike LinkedIn Stories, the cover story is displayed permanently on your profile and, therefore, can be used to create a lasting impression on hiring managers and recruiters.
Here’s a guide on how to create your own Cover Story for your profile.
How to Add a Cover Story on LinkedIn
The feature is available only on the LinkedIn mobile app.
To create your Cover Story, open the app and follow these steps:
- Tap your profile photo and then select View Profile.
- Click the plus icon on your profile photo and select the Add cover story option.
- The camera opens, and by default, the selfie mode is selected. Click the record button at the bottom of the screen. A three-second timer automatically begins.If you want to upload a previously recorded video, click the photo gallery icon and select the video. A video of fewer than three seconds is not recorded.
- You can select the sticker icon to add a fun sticker or tag someone using the @Mention option.
- The next step is to select your audience. You can share the cover story with either your first-degree connections on LinkedIn or with everyone on the platform. Click the play button to view your cover story before sharing it.
- You can add text by clicking the T icon. The formatting options are the same as ones available while creating a LinkedIn Story.
After the Cover Story is added to your profile, an orange ring is displayed. The cover story is silently played within your photo frame.
Download: LinkedIn for iOS | Android (Free)
Making the Most of LinkedIn Cover Story
Making a Cover Story is a simple task that can help maximize your impact.
Like many social media platforms that help you share casual content via Stories, LinkedIn stories also provide a way to keep your professional community interested in your profile.
If you’re tired of incessant notifications from the LinkedIn site or app, here’s how to disable and manage them…
About The Author