Note: During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have the chance to learn a little more about our Louisiana Tech University Family: students, staff, alumni, faculty, and friends. We’ll call it Tech Top 5. Go to LATechSports.com for more Top 5s. #TogetherApart
Gavin T. Kelly
Gavin T. Kelly is Louisiana Tech’s Social Media Strategist in University Communications, so he knows a thing or three about social media. These are the best platforms according to our Resident Pro.
- Instagram: Love the visual aspect of it, and the general attention span of the platform is short and sweet.
- Twitter: Quick info, very humorous if you’re following the right people. I go on Twitter to laugh and get sports updates. Peer-to-peer interaction is good stuff on Twitter.
- YouTube: I have learned, lived, and laughed more through YouTube than any other platform. YT makes creators out of everybody. Sometimes that’s a good thing.
- TikTok: I was hesitant to get on board, but I’ve wasted countless hours scrolling through TikTok content.
- Snapchat: Definitely more useful as peer-to-peer than a marketing platform, but Snapchat is a staple of my everyday affairs on my personal social media.